Episode 14 of Landscape Digital Show reveals how to use the LinkedIn publishing platform to build influence and grow your network.
Probably the greatest value of the LinkedIn publishing platform is its ability to tell your story. Unlike status updates, articles on the LinkedIn publishing platform become a permanent part of your personal profile and are prominently displayed at the top of it for all to see.
If you are a blogger you can repurpose that content on the LinkedIn publishing platform to extend its reach. As long as it is first published on your blog there is no risk with Google because it recognizes you are the author of that original content.
LinkedIn Publishing Best Practices
- Long-form, in-depth and relevant content that is 900-1500 words is recommended by LinkedIn.
- Create an interesting headline with a question or numbered tips or steps that suggest the value of your informative content.
- Follow appropriate LinkedIn Pulse Channels to learn what type of content is most desired by your audience.
- Choose an attractive header image for your article, with 698 x 400 pixels being optimal.
- Include hyperlinks to related content that additional adds value.
- Embed YouTube or Vimeo videos or links to them.
- Choose from up to 3 of the available tags to optimize your content for search and ensure it lands in the appropriate LinkedIn Pulse channel.
- If you have a premium account, study your analytics to learn more about the demographics of those consuming your content and be certain you are attracting the right audience.
- Reach out and engage further with those liking, commenting and sharing your content.
- Always include a signature and a call-to-action with your content to build your network.
Discover and subscribe to LinkedIn Pulse channels (scroll down for channels) that are relevant to your business and personal interests. That content will provide insights on what works with your LinkedIn audience.
Thank you for listening and subscribing! We’ll greatly appreciate it if you head over to Landscape Digital Show on iTunes and give it an honest rating and review.
Call to Action
Listen to the audio and follow these ten best practices to build your influence and grow your LinkedIn network.