Episode 11 of Landscape Digital Show reveals how to discover, standardize and monitor your local search listings so that Google has confidence in your business.
Google’s primary objective as a search engine is to send someone doing a search query the most trusted information. Therefore, to earn Google’s confidence you have to do the work of standardizing your business listings and keeping them accurate.
- Search the web for your business phone number. This will help you discover inaccuracies in your local search listings because that telephone number tends to be a constant. The free Moz Local search feature will also prove to be useful.
- Standardize how your business name, telephone number, and address are written. Be sure to check with the postal service for standard address conventions, especially abbreviations.
- Complete your Google My Business listing.
- Use the information from Google My Business to update your online listings that currently do not match it.
- Consider using a service like Moz Local or Yext to monitor your local search listings with the major directories.
Call to Action
Take the five steps described in this episode. And seriously consider subscribing to the Moz Local service to keep everything accurate and up-to-date with the local directories.
Thank you for listening and subscribing! We’ll greatly appreciate it if you head over to Landscape Digital Show on iTunes and give it an honest rating and review.